Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Amsterdam


I always dream about the lights of New York City. I've known for years that New York at night is where I need to be and where I want to live, at least for part of my life. But there is more than New York. Flying into Amsterdam at 6:00am, the city lights are so vibrant in the dark. I see another glowing city in which I know I will want to stay. I am excited to experience this place, if even only for a day.




We got to the central area in Amsterdam around 7:30am. It was beautiful, quiet, and peaceful. Unlike Silicon Valley mornings, there were no people rushing with their starbucks, and no traffic on the roads. We walked around for a couple hours, then got some coffee and Dutch pancakes! They were tiny, fluffy, and delicious.




                                       
                                After taking a nice stroll, four of us went on a canal boat tour! We were the only ones on the boat. It was gorgeous!

After the boat tour, we met up with the rest of the group to go to the Van Gogh museum. At this point, we had been going straight for almost 48 hours. The exhaustion definitely hit me, but I was still able to enjoy the museum. 

No comments:

Post a Comment